Creating a standalone embedded Python app.

Gordon McMillan gmcm at
Sat Sep 21 18:09:42 CEST 2002

Allen Unueco wrote:

> I'm looking for a way to somehow bundle the Python modules that my
> embedded application uses.  I would like to be able to distribute an
> executable file that would work without having Python installed on the
> system.
> I would rather have everything in one file but having the modules in a
> separate bundle (pickle?) would be workable.

People have used Installer for this.

You'll need to dive under the covers. You'll need to
figure out how to create an archive that has the
modules you need, and you'll need to look at
source/common/launch.c & fit that in with however
you're starting Python.

-- Gordon