Larry Wall's comment on python...

Chris Gonnerman chris.gonnerman at newcenturycomputers.net
Thu Sep 19 08:13:05 EDT 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: "Matt Gerrans" <mgerrans at mindspring.com>

> One of the niftiest things about Python is you never have to
> argue about whether you should put your curlies in the wrong
> place, like this:
>
> void foo() {
>    //...
> }
>
> ...or whether you should place them correctly, like this:
>
> void foo()
> {
>     //...
> }

Them's fightin' words, son...   :-)

> It saves the world from a lot of unnecessary creation and
> release of hot air (so Python has probably done more to help
> reduce the greenhouse effect than any other software
> technology!).

I just like that I don't have to type the #!$&@!! things
anymore.

No smiley this time... I really hate typing curly after curly.
It makes me wonder that anyone *likes* the freakin' things so
much that they named a LANGUAGE after them.

Chris Gonnerman -- chris.gonnerman at newcenturycomputers.net
http://newcenturycomputers.net