Remarks to Python 2.3

Martin v. Löwis loewis at informatik.hu-berlin.de
Thu Sep 19 12:35:32 EDT 2002

Markus Schaber <leafnode-usenet at schabi.de> writes:

> I'm not really shure whether my remarks are about "bugs" - I just wanted
> to collect other opportunities here to help me decide whether one can
> regard this as bugs or not, and eventually submit bug reports.

There is always the potential danger that a newsgroup message gets
ignored, and the poster gets the impression that nobody cares about
the (potentially significant) problem.

In these cases, it is a good idea to submit a bug report, because the
tracking involved in the SF bug database guarantees that the report
stays open until it has been considered.

Of course, bug reports are only the right thing if the poster feels
that Python behaves "bad", where "bad" means either incorrect,
non-intuitive, or in an otherwise undesirable way. For a bug report,
one should also research whether this is a well-known issue.

Regards,
Martin