How do I set-up Multiple socket connections

Kat & Huw kathuw at
Fri Sep 27 11:03:11 CEST 2002

Ok, I want to iterate through a server IP list and establish
multiple socket connections to the various IP address' in the list.

I can do the iterations and I can make single connections, but I can't
work out how I can connect to several address at once.

I understand that a socket is closed, or closes after its done getting the ACk or
whatever after sending a request, but how on earth do I connect to like 5
addresses at once?

I've used non-blocking sockets and the sockettimeout module to skip a host
on certain exceptions, but I want to try the exact same thing on several hosts at once.

Any help would really be appreciated.