shell script in distutils

thehaas at binary.net thehaas at binary.net
Thu Sep 26 13:02:01 EDT 2002

I'm taking over someone else open-source app which is python-based, but
is invoked by a shell script.

What the shell script does is cd to the install directory and run "python
scriptname.py". It's not a bad solution at all.

However, they a Makefile to control installation and to make the rpm's.
I would like to change it to use distutils.  I have it already
recognizing the scripts, but how to I get distutils to put the shell
script in a different directory than the Python scripts??

Am I making any sense here??  if not, let me know and I will clarify . .

-- mikeh

--
Mike Hostetler
thehaas at binary.net