Getting started

Lance lbrannma at
Thu Sep 19 15:03:25 CEST 2002

Hi All,

Last night I attended a Weak typing, C++ Templates, and Python talk by Bruce
Eckel. It was great, my introduction to Python.

I'm sold on Python and weak typing. I want to write a graphics module that
will link to a C application, permitting scatter plots, bar charts, log
scales, etc. I suppose the Python Imaging Library will be used for this

Would you be able to suggest an indispensable learning Python book?

PS: Bruce has Python material on his website,