Anyone can tell me why?

Andy Salnikov a_salnikov at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 16 17:30:06 EDT 2002

"hpyhpy" <member at dbforums.com> wrote in message
news:1817360.1032087013 at dbforums.com...

> But I try,change the filename as "example.so","_example.so",
> "examplemodule.so",#_#,same error......have other advise?^_^

  Hmm, there is no obvious reason why it should not run when
renamed to example.so or examplemodule.so. Here is my list of
possible causes:

1. You run python from directory different from where your .so
  lives in. Python finds everything in the well-defined places, which
  includes local directory. From python prompt type:

>>> import sys
>>> print sys.path

  to see the list of directories where python can find a module. Do not
  put your module outside of any directory in this path.

2. Your python was built without support for dynamic loading. Don't
  know how to check this. Ask the person who installed/configured
  your python.

3. Shared library was not build correctly. I'm not familiar with SCO
  but usually with gcc I do 'gcc -shared object.o -o whatever.so' and that
  works.

4. Whatever else....

  Andy.