DBI cursor behaviour with multiple statements?

Gerhard Häring gerhard.haering at gmx.de
Fri Sep 27 12:01:44 EDT 2002

Hi Henrik,

* Henrik Weber <Henrik.Weber at sys.aok.de> [2002-09-27 02:37 -0700]:
> I'm trying to write a DBI2 compliant module for Microsoft Access
> databases.

Ok. Then the Database SIG's mailing lists is the appropriate place to
ask. You'll find that almost all module authors and many users are
subscribed there.

> Now I'm not quite sure how to interpret the DBI2 specification when it
> comes to the execution of multiple data returning statements with the
> same cursor.

The behaviour is undefined for more than one DQL statement. And
.nextset() isn't meant for this case, either.

In fact, I asked the same question on the SIG's mailing list some time
ago: