Python Compiling

Alex Martelli aleax at aleax.it
Thu Sep 26 00:04:32 CEST 2002

Lulu of the Lotus-Eaters wrote:

> Alex Martelli <aleax at aleax.it> wrote previously:
> |Or Haskell, www.haskell.org -=- HUGS inteprets it, the Edinburgh
> |compiler compiles it.  Scheme has _many_ interpreters and compilers
> |too.  Hey, so does Visual Basic... it's quite the thing these days.
>
> Wrong Scottish city, I'm afraid.  Alex probably means the GLASGOW

Perfectly right, and thanks to you and the many others who mailed
me about it for catching out my silly mistake:-(.

The Edinburgh compiler is for *STANDARD ML*; the Glasgow compiler
is for *HASKELL*.  Whether I mixed up Scottish cities or major
functional programming languages, it was still a silly error to
make, and I apologize to Scotland, FP enthusiasts, and the
readership at large.

Alex