How do i print to a printer using python?

Peter Hansen peter at engcorp.com
Tue Sep 10 15:52:07 EDT 2002

Syver Enstad wrote:

> Peter Hansen <peter at engcorp.com> writes:
>
> > Search for Mark Hammond's "win32all" package and install it, or
> > install the ActiveState distribution of Python which has it already
> > included.  win32ui is one of the modules included in that package.
>
> Just to confuse further, win32all is not a python package. It's a
> distribution of python modules and packages. What I mean is that
> win32ui is a module that is not in a package, although it is included
> in the win32all distribution. I think I'll quit now, before I make
> things clearer. ;-)

Oops, my apologies for starting the confusion.  I stupidly used
conventional meanings for "module" and "package" instead of
reserving those for their specific Python meanings.  Substitute
something "extensions" for package, and maybe "DLL wrapper" or
"library interface" for module in my above message and maybe it
becomes a little clearer.  Or not.

If not, well, we're already all confused enough that this won't
hurt much. :)

-Peter