Converting python object reference to int and back

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Sat Sep 7 18:20:04 EDT 2002

"Ahmad Baitalmal" <ahmad at NOSPAMbitbuilder.com> wrote in message
news:3D79AC95.1000000 at NOSPAMbitbuilder.com...
> Hi,
> I need to keep references to python objects in a tree control's
item.

This is what Python does for you behind the scenes, automatically,
without error, every time you assign abject to a name or slot.

> The items can hold an integer as data.
> How can I get an id (pointer/reference) from a python object and
then
> get that object back using that integer?

You almost certainly do not want to do this since it amounts to
duplicating, in a clumsy way, what the interpreter already does for
you.

Terry J. Reedy