va_list warnings on Solaris?

Martin v. Loewis martin at v.loewis.de
Mon Sep 2 01:54:41 EDT 2002

Neal Norwitz <neal at metaslash.com> writes:

> I get this as well.  I believe the warning started after I upgraded Solaris,
> but I'm not sure.  I didn't build gcc locally.  If I remember correctly
> the collision was between a gcc header file (stdarg.h shown above) and
> a Solaris header file in /usr/include.

If you upgrade Solaris, you really need to rebuild gcc, for that
Solaris version. gcc installation will run fixincludes, copying the
system headers. It frequently happened that using fixincluded headers
from an older Solaris version caused very obscure bugs.

Skip's report seems to indicate that he indeed built gcc for his
system. I'd be curious to see one more line of error messages though
(hoping to get a line like "previous definition here").

Regards,
Martin