StructuredText -> HTML module??

Richard Jones rjones at ekit-inc.com
Thu Sep 19 08:59:26 EDT 2002

On Thu, 19 Sep 2002 10:24 pm, Thomas Weholt wrote:
> All I'm actually after is to be able to write stuff like :
>
> **Header**
>
> List:
> 1. Foo
> 2. Bar
> 3. Python
>
>     Heres an indented section of text.
>
> And turn this into
>
> <h1>Header</h1>
>
> List:
> <ol>
>    <li>foo</li>
>   <li>bar</li>
>   <li>Python</li>
> </ol>
>
> <P>
>     Heres an indented section of text.
> </P>
>
> Or something similar. Since there's allready something that I believed was
> standardized it would be easier to use modules allready available than
> doing it all from scratch.

If you're really able to go with "something similar" then look at the docutils
project (http://docutils.sf.net/ ... start with the "primer" document). It's
like StructuredText, but much better in a lot of ways (see that website for
detail if you need it). The above text would be written with a minor
change... the heading would be:

Header
------

instead of **Header** (which denotes generic bolding in ReStructuredText).

    Richard