html in xml problem

walter hoolwerf walto at vaag.cx
Thu Sep 26 08:09:34 EDT 2002

Hello,

I need to place some HTML code in an XML file en process it with
python.

The output is a bit weird. I've also used this way to place html code
in XML with flash, worked fine.

as you can see, I already tried replacing the newlines with nothing
(or space), didn't work. The output should be <a> instead of:
<

My browser wont accept the last.

Who knows? Thanx in advance,
Walto

--------

xml file:
<HAN>
   <info><B>Welcome</B></info>
</HAN>

code:
#!/usr/bin/python2
from xml.dom import minidom, Node
import string

doc = minidom.parseString(open('han.xml').read())
for c in doc.documentElement.childNodes:
        if c.nodeType == Node.ELEMENT_NODE:
                for d in c.childNodes:
                        print d.nodeValue.replace("\n", "
").replace("\r", " ")