Multi-threading python

Armin Steinhoff a-steinhoff at web.de
Thu Sep 12 05:24:47 EDT 2002

Chris de Souza wrote:

>We require the ability to run multiple Python sessions in parallel
>under VxWorks.

Python 'sessions' ... what does it mean ??
Well .. it"s a pity that VxWorks isn't a multi user OS. With other
OS'es you can run Python in different terminal sessions ...

>Has anyone developed a version of Python which supports
multi-threading
>different Python sessions?

Python does multi threading at OS level ..

We have re-compiled the stackless version of Python for QNX6 ... it
looks very interesting. Is Stackless Python an option ??? (w/o OS
threads, w/o the GIL)

Armin