Socket server and threads

Maciej Sobczak maciej at
Tue Sep 17 19:20:50 CEST 2002

"Rob Brown-Bayliss" <rob at> wrote in message
news:mailman.1032223099.23141.python-list at
> Hi, I am trying to write an app. it Has a gui, and I am using xmlrpc via
> socket server to communicate with other apps on other machines.

I envite you to try this library:

You can go directly to:

It uses sockets to provide object-based communication abstraction for C,
C++, Tcl and Python.
It can greatly simplify your code (including threading issues), unless you
need to use some specific protocol for some reason.

Note that there is work in progress on 2.0 version.

Do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions.

Maciej Sobczak