Regexp Over Multiple Lines

thehaas at binary.net thehaas at binary.net
Thu Sep 12 08:55:11 EDT 2002

Duncan Booth <duncan at nospamrcp.co.uk> wrote:
> Once you learn the idioms you should do fine.

> BTW, one of the idioms is not to use regular expressions as often as in
> Perl.

I have done a lot of text processing using just the string module and the
built-in string methods (Py 2.x) and never touching regexes.  If you read
the regex how-to, you will remember it saying that for a lot of tasks
(like looking for an exact string) it's best to use string.find, etc.,
mostly because it's faster, and (to me) seems easier.

Just throwing it out there . . .

-- mikeh

--
Mike Hostetler