Matching a string up to a word

Dag dag at animagicnet.no
Wed Sep 4 10:48:50 EDT 2002

In article <3d75ffaa$1 at news.sentex.net>, Peter Hansen wrote:

> Can you instead guarantee the format of the date that follows the
> filename?  Will it always consist of the day of the week, the month,
> the date, and the year?  That would turn this into a relatively
> simple problem.

Yes I can guarentee the last four fields be in that date format.
Actually I think that solved it.  I'll split on whitespaces into
an array, and remove the first and last four fields, and then join
whatever's left.  That should do it.  I was stuck thinking how to
parse it left to right.

Thanks for making look at the problem slightly differently.

Dag