surface of pygame

Terry Reedy tjreedy at
Thu Sep 19 17:06:44 CEST 2002

"black" <quiteblack at> wrote in message
news:mailman.1032440854.11721.python-list at
> I touched something about pygame today and confused with surface
type. I didnt >remember surface data type when learning python,

Because surface type is added by to PyGame and not part of standard

> and it displays strange to me, for example, I create a new surface
by loading a picture >as follows:
> pygame.image.load("myPic.bmp")
> it works fine but I coulnt see any surface appears on the screen.
> any ideas ?

Read the Pygame docs on how to display image after loading.  These are
two separate operations.  I believe there is a mailing list for PyGame
discussion.  See site.