python program to watch a file - example.

Wayne R wayne at tbnets.com
Sun Sep 8 07:52:56 EDT 2002

Sorry for the html,  I forgot to turn it off (as I usually turn it off
as soon as I install a new system, forgot this time).

The platform is Gentoo Linux,  I am writing a piece of code for the
Twiggi project to patch in adduser support.

|-> > >I am trying to write a python program that will run as a deamon
and
|-> > >watch a file for data to arrive and then wake up and perform
duties
|-> on
|-> > >that data.   I found ways to make a python program run as a
deamon
|-> but I
|-> > >am at a loss to find anything related to watching a file for data
so
|-> > >that it can then process the data.  I didn't really want to do a
|-> sleep
|-> > >loop or something like, I am sure there is a better way.
|-> > >
|-> > >Any ideas or links to more info?
|-> > >
|-> > Don't annoy people you want help from, for starters.
|-> > What system are you targeting? (Outlook in the headers says you're
on
|-> windows
|-> > generating this abominable mix of actual message and useless
cruft).
|-> >
[Wayne R]