Minimal debug/rep functionality

Mark Hobbes2176 at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 18 22:54:33 EDT 2002

Hello all,

In a nutshell, what I'd like to do is develop a utility that would print out
every line in a python program as the program executes (I may even just
want to print line numbers).  I can see hints of how to do this in pdb (and
more directly in the underlying bdb class) and also in the code module.

So,

1) Should I try and inherit a class and override some methods or should I
just pull out the relevant code and hand spin a small interpreter.

2) Anyone have a 20 liner solution for this?

Thanks.

Regards,
Mark