Local Python Server Installation

Kenneth Gomez kennethg at pd.jaring.my
Sat Sep 21 12:09:43 EDT 2002

Dear Gerhard

I tried your method. But instead of getting a cgi listing of my
environmental listings, all I saw on my browser was the two input
lines ..i.e. import cgi and cgi.test()

My url was http://localhost/test.py

Any advise.
Regards,
Kenneth.

On 20 Sep 2002 17:36:21 GMT, Gerhard =?iso-8859-1?Q?H=E4ring?=
<gerhard.haering at opus-gmbh.net> wrote:

>Add this line at the end of your .../Apache Group/Apache2/conf/httpd.conf:
>
>    ScriptInterpreterSource Registry
>
>Then you can write Python CGI scripts that have the .py extension. I
>recommend to create a test.py script with the following two lines:
>
>import cgi
>cgi.test()
>
>After you verify that this works (http://localhost/cgi-bin/test.py) you can
>continue reading the documentation about the cgi module and writing your
>own CGI scripts. The cgitb and Cookie modules should come in useful, too.
>
>If you experience the limits of CGI one day, you can think about using a
>full-blown appliation server like WebWare.
>
>-- Gerhard

Cheers,
Kenneth Gomez.