Which XML parser under Python can handle Unicode?

Jurie Horneman jhorneman at pobox.com
Tue Sep 3 06:14:40 EDT 2002

<whine>
XML is complicated (if you dig deep).
Python libraries are complicated (if what you want to know is
apparently not in the documentation).
Unicode is complicated (if you dig deep).
</whine>

Aaahhhh....

Could someone please recommend an XML parser under Python which can
handle Unicode? Specifically, most European languages and Asian
languages such as Chinese (traditional, simplified), Japanese, Korean
and Thai? (Please don't make me look up the actual codetables.)
Ideally the parser would use Python's codec system.
I'd prefer an event-based parser, although tree-based would not be a
huge problem.

Thank you thank you

Jurie.