python + java for web development?

eugene kim eugene1977 at hotmail.com
Sun Sep 15 04:36:30 EDT 2002

hi..
i'm a python beginner,
used java for about an year

we will develop a website for a semester(i'm a student)
our group members are all familiar with java, but not python..
probably, our main language will be java..

but java is really painful sometime , like database access
and i'd like to use python when python is much easier

since java passes objects , not just strings among servlets and jsps
i'm wondering if it is possible to mix java and other language..

for example
if servlet processes database work, and passes the result as ArrayList
type and jsp takes ArrayList to display the results.

how python can interact with these servlet/jsp..?

thank you a lot