Python expression (Re: Iraq's offer to readmit arms inspectors)

Boris borcis at removethis.infomaniak.andthis.ch
Fri Sep 20 11:50:52 EDT 2002

Terry Reedy <tjreedy at udel.edu> a écrit dans le message :
B8pi9.149307$5r1.6007886 at bin5.nnrp.aus1.giganews.com...

> Please remove (as I did) comp.lang.python from the list of newsgroups
> for this thread.  It is wildly off-topic here

comp.lang.python was added because the post contained a python expression

filter(lambda W : W not in 'ILLITERATE','BULLSHIT')

with the miraculous property of being runnable and producing the name
of the US president, Mr Bush, when executed; together with being readable
as a metaphor of human behavior illustrated by "Malev" - the person
that the post was responding to. Such dual interpretation of executable
code is witness that Python is closer to Prolog than you would think,
an interesting fact by itself for the python community.

> and should never have been added.

That's a dogmatic opinion that I believe lacking in justification.

if-Iraq-ends-up-Waco-like-what-will-mimic-Oklahoma-City-ly yours,

Boris Borcic
--
assert BOA not in BAOBAB, "Paradise Mismatch Error"