4Suite / McMillan Installer / py2exe

Thomas Korb Doc at goodweb.de
Wed Sep 4 11:18:03 EDT 2002

Hi! I am using the XSLT-Processor from 4Suite (0.12.0a2), i.e.

  from Ft.Xml.Xslt.Processor import Processor
  from Ft.Xml.InputSource import DefaultFactory
  from Ft.Xml import ReaderException

On Linux, I can use McMillan's Installer to create a distribution;
on Windows, it fails (problems with a Math.py-module in the 4Suite
package). And py2exe complains about missing modules.

I can overcome the py2exe-problem by importing everything from
Ft.Xml.Xslt, i.e.

  import Ft.Xml.Xslt.ApplyImportsElement
  import Ft.Xml.Xslt.ApplyTemplatesElement
  etc. etc. (a lot of etc. :-)

(Too many module to include them on the commmand line with py2exe's
'-p' option; more than 1024 characters!)

After that, py2exe still complains about missing modules (some of
which even do not exist on the system; I think at least some of them
are Mac-specific!), but it works (as far as I could check up to now).

But now the program takes quite a time to start (many imports), and
I actually do not really trust this solution. Moreover, I would have
to check and test all the above imports with each new version of 4Suite.

Does someone know how to use 4Suite with the McMillan Installer or
py2exe on Windows? Any help or hints would be highly appreciated!

</Doc>

--
-----------------  Dr. Thomas Korb  -  G O O D W E B . D E s i g n  ---
-----------------  DOMAIN: www.goodweb.de / E-MAIL: Doc at goodweb.de  ---