Larry Wall's comment on python...

Steve Holden sholden at holdenweb.com
Sun Sep 8 14:52:12 EDT 2002

<mmaddox at hcsmail.com> wrote ...
[ ... ]
> Having read Wall's comments on Slashdot, I think he is really just mildly
> complaining about ridiculously long page-widths in his editor, not really
> slashing Python seriously. He's just giving some props to his own baby at
> the expense of another. (He had to say something, right?) You must agree
> that Python can lead you to horizontal scrolling in your editor - the bane
> of user interface design.

Well, using a four-space indent helps a lot -- tabs are passe nowadays.
Further, lines can easily be broken and continued, which helps to make long
lines more manageable. lastly, of course, if your code has nine levels of
indentation it might well be time to refactor it for improved readbility.

> Yes, I am new here. Hi, everyone.

Hi, and welcome!

regards
Python Web Programming                        pydish.holdenweb.com/pwp/
Previous .sig file retired to                    www.homeforoldsigs.com