Beginners Question - use of variables

Erik Max Francis max at alcyone.com
Fri Sep 6 18:45:33 EDT 2002

Martin Klaffenboeck wrote:

> in Perl I used to save such a thing in a multidimensional array like
>
> array(
>       array(string, string, int, timestamp),
>       array(string, string, int, timestamp),
>       array(string, string, int, timestamp))
>
> So how do I save that in python and how do I get fast to one of this
> strings or int or timestamp... ?

A list of 4-tuples, or just a list of lists, comes to mind.  Difference
between Python and Perl is that with Python you don't have to worry
about awkward manipulation of references to those subarrays.

/  \ There is nothing so subject to the inconstancy of fortune as war.
\__/ Miguel de Cervantes
    Church / http://www.alcyone.com/pyos/church/
 A lambda calculus explorer in Python.