How to use PyDoc?

Terry Hancock hancock at anansispaceworks.com
Fri Sep 20 02:24:16 CEST 2002

Hi all,

I'm trying to generate HTML documentation using PyDoc
for a Zope product. I'd like to make a collection of
HTML documents in a "doc" subdirectory -- pretty much
like what HappyDoc does, except I'm hoping that PyDoc
will collect some information that HappyDoc misses
(such as methods which are created by factory functions).

I can find a pydoc-generated documentation of the API,
but it doesn't make it very clear how you would actually
use it, and so far, I can't find a How-To on it.

Naturally, I need to do this from within the Python
interpreter (or in a script), not using the commandline
tool (otherwise the module I need to document won't
import -- since it requires Zope).

Does anyone have an example of doing this?

Thanks,
Terry

Terry Hancock
hancock at anansispaceworks.com