Datagrid-Widget for Python?

Gerhard Häring gh at ghaering.de
Tue Apr 8 04:49:43 EDT 2003

Rainer Klueting <rainer.klueting at epost.de> wrote:
> [...]
> I had already seen that there is another GUI toolkit called wxWindow,
> and I even had downloaded it. But my impression was, that Tkinter is
> kind of a GUI-standard for Python, and I tried to stick to the
> standard.
>
> Is that true?

Tkinter is "standard" in the sense that it is shipped with Python. No
more, no less.

> Do you have any information about how widespread the use of
> wxWindows is? I don't want to steer into a dead-end-road.

For the usage of wxPython, the only reliable number you'll likely get
is the traffic on the wxPython mailing list. It'll show you that it is
widely used among Python programmers. [1]

-- Gerhard

[1] Those that do GUIs, anyway.