Textbooks?

Peter Hansen peter at engcorp.com
Sun Apr 27 20:04:58 EDT 2003

Joe Francia wrote:

> The Deitels have a textbook called _Python How to Program_ that is aimed
> at beginning programmers.  I'm not sure how good/bad it is.  Three out
> of four reviewers on Amazon seem to like it (the fourth guy gave it one
> star based on its lack of Perl coverage).

At a PyGTA meeting three or four months ago someone showed up with
a copy to give away.  I believe it went home with one person only
to come back the next month, to be given away again.  I'm pretty
sure it wasn't because he'd read it cover to cover.

I'm not sure who got stuck with it last...

(To be more direct: I opened it to skim, and my first comment was
along the lines of "Gah!".  I believe "Yeesh!" and "Ugh" were heard
as well.  To be fair, these comments were directed at the quality of
the layout and the unreadable color scheme, not necessarily at the
content, which I was unable to get near.)

-Peter