Vim Newbie ? Python Edit/Compile/Run cycle and integrating py help questions

Will Stuyvesant hwlgw at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 25 12:32:32 EDT 2003

[Hans Nowak]
> I have been trying to edit Python source code with vim on Mac OS X.  Most of
> the settings in my .vimrc file (copied from Windows) work just fine, except for
> one.  I use Tab to indent and Shift-Tab to dedent (a line, not a block).  Tab
> behaves as usual, but Shift-Tab doesn't seem to work; it just behaves like I
> pressed Tab.

In gvim on windows and linux (untested on Mac, since I have no access
to a Mac anywhere):

Start block selection with the v key, or with <SHIFT>v.  And then of
course the j key for line down and the l key for going right etc.

To indent a line, or a selected block, use <SHIFT>>>.  To dedent it do
<SHIFT><<.

--
This life is a test.  It is only a test.  Had this been an
actual life, you would have received further instructions as