How to write RTF from Python?

Aahz aahz at pythoncraft.com
Sat Apr 26 00:55:12 EDT 2003

In article <3EA97D61.3CC9FE74 at easystreet.com>,  <achrist at easystreet.com> wrote:

>Any suggestions of the shortest path from a Python program to RTF
>output?  RTF seems to be the best (reasonable combination of features
>and compatability) common denominator for exporting data so that
>(windows) users can bring it into their own word processing program,
>whatever that may be.  (Any problem with that?)

Another idea: how about PDF?  I don't know if the formatting gets
preserved at all if you cut'n'paste, though.

"In many ways, it's a dull language, borrowing solid old concepts from
many other languages & styles:  boring syntax, unsurprising semantics,
few automatic coercions, etc etc.  But that's one of the things I like
about it."  --Tim Peters on Python, 16 Sep 93