A better unittest

Steven Taschuk staschuk at telusplanet.net
Wed Apr 16 16:50:11 EDT 2003

Quoth Terry Reedy:
  [...]
> I like having the actual values too.  It should make debugging an
> unexpected failure easier.  But what if each value is more that a few
> bytes?  Example (from my future plans): two lists of all permutations
> of range(8), one produced by an obvious recursion and the other by a
> much less obvious iteration.

Now and then I replace
    self.assertEquals(longlist1, longlist2)
with
    map(self.assertEquals, longlist1, longlist2)

It's not quite ideal; in some cases it would be nice to see the
index of the mismatch too, for example.

Steven Taschuk                          staschuk at telusplanet.net
"Its force is immeasurable.  Even Computer cannot determine it."
                           -- _Space: 1999_ episode "Black Sun"