Why use a GUI framework?

Jp Calderone exarkun at intarweb.us
Sat Apr 5 13:21:22 EST 2003

On Sat, Apr 05, 2003 at 07:47:05PM +0200, Jane Doe wrote:
> Hi,
>
> 	I know a bit more about the multiple options available to
> build a GUI-based application (Windows, in our case), but I haven't
> found information on the point of using another tool since the
> win32all extension is available to use the native Win32 widgets.
>
> Do wxWindows et al. just make it easier, or is it a must-use for
> people who wish to write OS-independant Python applications?
>
> If win32all is good enough, does anybody have a good tutorial on using
> this add-on to build GUIs?

  If portability to non-Windows platforms is not important to you, win32all
is probably good enough.

  The other GUI toolkits make it -possible-, not easier, to write
OS-independant Python applications.

  Jp

--
A sad spectacle.  If they be inhabited, what a scope for misery
and folly.  If they be not inhabited, what a waste of space.