Problem with Idle

Gerrit Muller gerrit.muller at embeddedsystems.nl
Wed Apr 2 01:39:07 EST 2003

Chris wrote:
> I have a module and a main program that imports it. When I make
> changes to the module in one IDLE window, and run the program in the
> main window, the changes are not picked up (I did do ctrl-s in the
> module window to save it). But if I go to the MS-DOS prompt and run
> the main program it does run the module with the latest changes to
> it??????

This behavior is a well known trap for new Python users. There are 2
solutions:
1) call reload() for the changed module
2) dowload idlefork idle 0.9.2a (?), which will do all the reloads if
you press F5 "Restart". This idle version will hopefully be part of the
Python 2.3 distribution.

kind regards Gerrit

--
Gaudi systems architecting: