Newbie: Example of GUI front-end for SQL

Steve Holden sholden at holdenweb.com
Mon Apr 14 10:21:32 EDT 2003

"c42" <nospam at nospam.net> wrote in message
news:pan.2003.04.12.02.09.40.159546 at nospam.net...
> I'm researching a new project that will include a GUI front-end
> (several screens) to an SQL server (probably Postgre or MySQL).
>
> Can someone recommend an open source program that I can review that will
> give me an idea if this is possible with python?
>
> It is also important that the program be able to run on Windows and Linux.

The PythonCard project has a simple database GUI as one of its sample
applications, so you might want to take a look at that. PythonCard is based
on wxPython which is in turn based on the highly-portable wxWindows, so your
portability goals need not be compromised. See

    http://pythoncard.sourceforge.net/

Or you can just take my workd for it, it's perfectly possible for almost any
modern relational database :-)

regards
Did you miss PyCon DC 2003?            Would you come to PyCOn DC 2004?