A decent explanation of continuations (for lisp)

Chad Netzer cnetzer at mail.arc.nasa.gov
Sun Apr 20 15:03:06 EDT 2003

On Sun, 2003-04-20 at 08:42, Anton Vredegoor wrote:

> Thanks. It seems Tim is making a heroic effort to explain the new in
> terms of the old. This necessarily must fail, but what other option is
> there instead of rebuilding all terminology out of gotos?

FWIW, I only began to understand the implications of continuations after
reading "On Lisp", chapters 20 and 22.  I strongly recommend it
(especially chap. 22) if anyone wants to get more grounded in the
possibilities of continuations.

http://www.paulgraham.com/onlisp.html

download the pdf at:
http://www.paulgraham.com/onlisptext.html

--

Chad Netzer
(any opinion expressed is my own and not NASA's or my employer's)