Python Tutorials

Nick Vargish nav at adams.patriot.net
Wed Apr 30 09:09:15 EDT 2003

rstephens at vectron.com (Ron Stephens) writes:

> OK, good criticism, Nick. I have gone back and changed the page (and
> the rest of the web site) to use smaller size fonts, specifically 4
> where I had used 6 on the tutorials page.

My suggestion is to not use explicit size settings at all. Most
people's browsers have settings that let them specify a default font
size that's comfortable for them. If you want to make a bit of text
larger for emphasis, you can use a relative sizing argument, which
would look like <font size="+1">.

To your credit, you set the font too large -- most sites that
manipulate the font size make the fonts too small.

> I know I should use a good  CSS style sheet, but I am hopelessly
> inept at 'style' , 'fashion', or 'art' of any kind.

That's a great reason to just leave the defaults well enough
alone. :^)

> Does it look better now?

Looks much better, thanks for listening to my well-meaning, if
tactless, suggestions...

Nick

--
# sigmask.py  ||  version 0.2  ||  2003-01-07  ||  Feed this to your Python.
print reduce(lambda x,y:x+chr(ord(y)-1),'Ojdl!Wbshjti!=obwAqbusjpu/ofu?','')