ANN: BayPIGgies mtg Wed Apr 9 7:30pm

Wesley Chun wesc at fuzzyorange.com
Fri Apr 4 02:11:20 EST 2003

BayPIGgies: Silicon Valley-San Francisco Bay Area Python Users Group

When:     April 9, 2003 @ 7:30pm
Where:    Stanford University, Palo Alto, CA
Agenda:   Introduction to Machine Learning and Support Vector Machines
Speaker:  Asa Ben-Hur

The basic concepts of machine learning will be presented, with a focus
on Support Vector Machines (SVM), which have shown their effectiveness
in many domains of application. Examples of applying the methodology in
areas such as text categorization and bioinformatics will be discussed.

# Call For Talks: We are actively seeking speakers for BayPIGgies! If you
would like to give a talk at one of our 2003 meetings (any Python related
topic), contact us to coordinate!

more info including directions:    http://www.baypiggies.net

hope 2 c u tomorrow nite!

-wesley

"Core Python Programming", Prentice Hall PTR, © 2001
    http://starship.python.net/crew/wesc/cpp/

Silicon Valley-San Francisco Bay Area Python Users Group (BayPIGgies)
    http://baypiggies.net

wesley.j.chun :: wesc at deirdre.org or wesc at fuzzyorange.com
cyberweb.consulting : henderson, nv : cyberweb at rocketmail.com
http://www.roadkill.com/~wesc/cyberweb/