How to protect python code ?

msw markscottwright at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 8 00:32:46 EDT 2003

Dave Brueck wrote:
> And your failed search proves my point:
>
> http://tinyurl.com/91al
>
> (found it in <30 seconds!)
>
> I'm sure there are plenty of people who read this group who would be happy
> to do contract work for you to code this up for you, but all the people
> who are willing to do it for you for free have spoken.

?

*I* didn't ask for any help with this problem - I offered some advice to
the original poster.  I suggested that he distribute a version of the
interpreter with custom "import" code and that he look elsewhere for
advice on this issue, since the signal/noise ratio is so low when it
comes to this question.  The fact that your post is the first one that
references any actual code, that it occurs about 20 posts into this
thread, and that it is snide and insulting indicates that even if my
first suggestion wasn't very good, my second one was spot on.

Mark