Visio like library for Python?

Johannes Eble skywalkerpackage at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 15 09:33:44 EDT 2003

Hello again,

thanks very much for your advice.

I am amazed that there are so many alternatives out there. After
thinking over the pros and cons I decided that I will follow the
PythonWin solutions. I haven't used PythonWin, but I have tried the
tutorial and the sample demo and I am impressed about what can be done
with the toolkit (also compared to TkInter which I am used to). The
Object Graphics Library (OGL) seems to be very nice. I haven't tried
PyUt, but I know that it is also based on PythonWin (It probably uses
OGL as well?) and I will try it too.

>From what I have found out about GTK+, it seems rather complicated to
me. This is also due to the pseudo object oriented structure in c.
PyGTK is probably better and more pythonic, but I found the wxPython
toolkit easier and cleaner.

Best regards,

Johannes