else: w/o except: - why not?

Michael Chermside mcherm at mcherm.com
Thu Apr 3 12:00:17 EST 2003

David Bolen writes:
> I think you need to be careful about blanket statements like "hardly
> EVER" - it really depends on the sort of target environment being
> worked on.

Yes, on consideration I think you're right. It's rare in the kind
of development that I do, but it depends on what you're doing. Even
on projects that DO use this, though, I'd expect it to happen in a
few well-defined locations, so I wouldn't mind if the way to spell
it were somewhat more verbose (so newbies wouldn't use it by
mistake) but that's already done and not worth crying over.

-- Michael Chermside