GUI testing with python (SendKeys)

Christopher Saunter christopher.saunter at durham.ac.uk
Mon Apr 28 05:31:48 EDT 2003

Peter Hansen (peter at engcorp.com) wrote:

: Never mind... dict.org handles that too.  I should have checked first.

: noddy
:
:      /nod'ee/ [UK: from the children's books] 1. Small and
:      un-useful, but demonstrating a point.  Noddy programs are
:      often written by people learning a new language or system.
:      The archetypal noddy program is hello, world.  Noddy code
:      may be used to demonstrate a feature or bug of a compiler.
:      May be used of real hardware or software to imply that it
:      isn't worth using.  "This editor's a bit noddy."
:
:      2. A program that is more or less instant to produce.  In this
:      use, the term does not necessarily connote uselessness, but
:      describes a hack sufficiently trivial that it can be written
:      and debugged while carrying on (and during the space of) a
:      normal conversation.  "I'll just throw together a noddy awk
:      script to dump all the first fields."  In North America this
:      might be called a mickey mouse program.  See toy program.

: Actually, which one did you mean?

I'm leaning towards their second definition, although without much in the
way of instructions the code leans towards the first ;-)

cds