HTML form pre-populating functionality or hints on building myown

Scott Chapman scott_list at
Thu Apr 17 21:59:10 CEST 2003

On Thursday 17 April 2003 12:42, Ian Bicking wrote:

> I think what the OP was talking about was different, meant to be used on
> the server side.  Like you'd have a pseudo-template something like:

> And that subform function goes in, finds the <input...> tags, and fills
> them in from the form dictionary, so that the user is presented with
> their input and a chance to make corrections.

You hit it on the head.  I want to be able to do this for correcting errors
and for initially populating forms.  I started writing my own last nite just
for a fun first project in Python.  It's coming along fairly well already
(testimony to Python's greatness).