[Question] I want to know what script more speedy.... VB script and Python Script...

dsavitsk dsavitsk at e-coli.net
Thu Apr 24 14:07:28 EDT 2003

"Peter Hansen" <peter at engcorp.com> wrote in message
news:3EA75010.D9F9C857 at engcorp.com...
> "¹Ú±Ù¹ü" wrote:
> >
> > Plz... answer me...
>
> It sort of depends on the type of application.
>
> Please read http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html
> and try posting again...

That is a truly painful essay.  My favorite part: "Those are loser
attitudes."  The jist, however, can be stated as, "try to ask clear
questions in the future," and is probably good advice.

Anyhow, to answer the OP, assuming that you are comparing the languages to
be used in an active server context, neither should be faster or slower.
Python, however, has some language niceties which may make your code more
efficient, and ultimately faster.  On the downside, Python for asp is not
always ideal and can work (or not work) in unexpected ways.

-d