SGMLParser questions

Martin v. Löwis martin.vonloewis at hpi.uni-potsdam.de
Thu Apr 24 09:13:14 EDT 2003

> It seems it'd be easy enough to add a "case sensitive" keyword
> argument to __init__ and sprinkle a few if statements before the
> .lower()s on strings.  Would such a patch be accepted?

That would be good enough to make it case sensitive, yes;
it would not be sufficient to support XML namespaces.

Adding case sensitivity also affects the names of
the handlers (do_*): should they be case-sensitive as well,
or should they still get lower-cased?`

If this issue is resolved, and the patch comes with
documentation and test cases, I would accept it (not for 2.3
though, anymore)

Regards,
Martin