GUI testing with python (SendKeys)

Peter Hansen peter at engcorp.com
Sat Apr 26 13:25:10 EDT 2003

Peter Hansen wrote:

> Christopher Saunter wrote:
> >
> >   You might want to check out Girder - http://www.girder.nl
> > It offers more robust and flexible ways of remote controlling Win32 GUI
> > stuff than sendkeys.  There is a very noddy Python client for talking to
> > Girder at http://www.dur.ac.uk/christopher.saunter/soft.html
>
> "Noddy"?  Please translate. :-)

Never mind... dict.org handles that too.  I should have checked first.

noddy

     /nod'ee/ [UK: from the children's books] 1. Small and
     un-useful, but demonstrating a point.  Noddy programs are
     often written by people learning a new language or system.
     The archetypal noddy program is hello, world.  Noddy code
     may be used to demonstrate a feature or bug of a compiler.
     May be used of real hardware or software to imply that it
     isn't worth using.  "This editor's a bit noddy."

     2. A program that is more or less instant to produce.  In this
     use, the term does not necessarily connote uselessness, but
     describes a hack sufficiently trivial that it can be written
     and debugged while carrying on (and during the space of) a
     normal conversation.  "I'll just throw together a noddy awk
     script to dump all the first fields."  In North America this
     might be called a mickey mouse program.  See toy program.

Actually, which one did you mean?

-Peter