Pythonwin COM and GDI

Tim Hoffman timh at zute.net
Tue Apr 8 02:48:21 EDT 2003

Hi

I have been using python for several several years on unix platforms
but now I have to try and get my head around all the windows extensions
etc.. (I hardly ever use windows, so I have to come up to speed
on a whole bunch of stuff that is unfamiliar to me ;-)

I need to create a WMF file using a GDI calls. At first thought
it seemed that if I where to run makepy on gdi32.dll I should be able to
then use win32com.client. stuff to then use the gdi library direct.

But makepy say "could not locate a type library matching
'c:\windows\system\gdi32.dll'

So I suppose I am missing something in my understanding of what
constitutes a valid DLL/ActiveX component that would suit makepy being
run against.

I have gone through the activestate docs, I must be thick,
cause I can't quite fathom the difference. Also it seems some of the GDI
stuff is in the win32ui module but unfortunately not the things I need
like CreateEnhWMF.

Any pointers or a link to a good FM for me to read further would be
appreciated.

See ya

Tim