Zope and FreeBSD

Gilles Lenfant glenfant at NOSPAM.bigfoot.com
Tue Apr 22 08:26:31 EDT 2003

"Wenshan Du" <python at dohao.org> a écrit dans le message de news:
e786d63d.0304201806.4c5293a6 at posting.google.com...
> Hi,
>
> I've built a website with Zope 2.5.1 and FreeBSD 4.3, it's better than
> other solutions.
>
> The server got so slow recently that I have to reboot every 3 days,
> and Zope stop sometimes.
>
> I don't know why, is zope not stable on FreeBSD? or FreeBSD got virus?

It depends on what you call *slow*.
It's a good practice to restart Zope servers that have high loads.
My Zope instances are restarted automatically every night.
Be warned that Zope requires a big amount of memory.
You should not have less than 256Mb on a production server. That's perhaps
your problem.
Just make a "top" when you notice this problem to see what's going on.

HTH

--Gilles